Texas Rangers Park and Ride
The Texas Rangers have partnered with North Central Council of Governments to bring commuters a new Park and Ride lot on the corner of Copeland and AT&T Way on Arlington. The Rangers have designated 100 spaces in Lot G free for commuter access 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The lot is unavailable on weekends. Look for signage and pavement markings to find designated park-and-ride spaces. With direct access to IH 30 HOV/managed lane and easy access to both eastbound and westbound IH 30, Lot G is an efficient and convenient way for North Texas Drivers to commute responsibly. Visit tryparkingit.com to plan your carpool or vanpool for work. (www.tryparkingit.com)
How do we go green at Globe Life Park?
In addition to the new park-and-ride lot, the Texas Rangers implement responsible behaviors in order to protect the planet and secure a sustainable future. Here are a few ways we Go Green in our daily operations:
• Grass clippings are used in mulch for outside landscaping or used as eventual fertilizer
• Low flow sprinkler heads are used on the Major League field and at the Youth Ballpark, and exterior landscaping uses water from ballpark lakes
• Light bulbs are replaced with LED bulbs as old bulbs burn out
• Clean cardboard, broken pallets, tree trimmings, office paper, plastics, metals of all types, motor and cooking oils, and grease products are all recycled.
• All edible foods left over from prep that are not used for games are sent to Mission Arlington
• Time clocks are utilized on parking lot lights to shut off when not needed.
How can you go green?
Pass your plastic or aluminum bottles to the Green Team, presented by Republic Services, when they pass through the aisles or look for the red recycling receptacles on the ballpark concourse.