7/3/2014 3:32 P.M. ET
Rangers host Astros and Angels during seven-game homestand beginning Monday
Eric Nadel to be honored in pre-game ceremony on Saturday, July 12
By / MLB.com
Arlington, Texas-The Texas Rangers will host a pair of teams from the A.L. West Division, the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Angels during a seven-game homestand that begins on Monday, July 7.
The Rangers and Astros continue the 2014 Lone Star Series with 7:05 p.m. games on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, July 7, 8, and 9. The teams have split the season's first six meetings in the battle for the coveted Silver Boot. Monday's game features a 7-7-7 ticket special with Upper Reserved tickets priced at just $7.00 on the 7th day of the 7th month at texasrangers.com/specials.
On Tuesday, the first 15,000 fans, 14 years of age and older, receive a Snapple/Brookshire's Prince Fielder Replica Jersey. The finale of the series is Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday and Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under.
The Angels makes their first of three 2014 trips to Globe Life Park for games on Thursday and Friday, July 10-11 at 7:05 p.m., Saturday, July 12 at 6:15 p.m., and Sunday, July 13 at 2:05 p.m., the final game before the All-Star break. A post-game Fireworks Show set to the music of movie soundtracks follows Friday's game, and fans can purchase $15.00 Upper Reserved tickets to the July 11 contest by entering FIREWORKS as the coupon code at texasrangers.com. In addition, fans who wish to watch the fireworks from the field can purchase $10.00 infield passes at texasrangers.com or the Globe Life Park box office (space is limited).
July 11 is also Korean American Heritage Night, and several performances by local Korean groups will highlight pre and post-game activities. Tickets are now on sale at texasrangers.com/group tickets by clicking on link for Korean organizations and using password Korean14. They can also be purchased at 972.RANGERS or through the Korean Society of Dallas (972-241-4524) or News Korea Texas, Inc. (972-247-9111). Fans who purchase tickets for Korean American Heritage Night through any of these means will receive information about getting a special Shin-Soo Choo rally towel to wave on the night of the event.
Longtime Rangers broadcaster Eric Nadel will be honored prior to the game on July 12. Nadel is the 38th recipient of baseball's highest broadcasting honor, the Ford C. Frick Award, which will be presented during the National Baseball Hall of Fame's induction weekend in Cooperstown, New York on July 26. The on-field ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m. on July 12 and will feature several presentations, video tributes, and remarks by Nadel's former broadcast partner and current Dallas Cowboys announcer Brad Sham. FOX Sports Southwest's John Rhadigan will be the master of ceremonies. The first 15,000 fans, 14 years of age and older, will receive a Nitto Tire USA, Inc. Eric Nadel Bobblehead.
Rangers fans will be able to sign large congratulations cards for Eric Nadel beginning on Monday and continuing throughout the week at all home games.
The homestand features three Texas Rangers/FOX Sports Southwest University Days/Nights: University of North Texas on July 9, Baylor University on July 11, and Oklahoma State University on July 13. Discounted tickets for students and alumni of the respective schools can be purchased at www.texasrangers.com.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand and all 2014 home games can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Monday, July 7 vs. Houston Astros - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- 7-7-7 Ticket Special (Upper reserved tickets priced at $7.00)
- Special pre-game ceremony commemorating the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's famous speech from July 4, 1939 and ALS Awareness Night
- Jr. RBI pre-game presentation
- National Anthem performed by Hayley Orrantia from ABC's The Goldbergs
Tuesday, July 8 vs. Houston Astros - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Snapple/Brookshire's Prince Fielder Replica Jersey for first 15,000 fans, 14 and older
- Ozarka Online Ticket Tuesday
- National Anthem performed by Monica Saldivar
Wednesday, July 9 vs. Houston Astros - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under
- UNT Night with ceremonial first pitch by former UNT and current Dallas Cowboys running back Lance Dunbar and caught by 2014 U.S. Olympic Bobsledder and UNT alumnus Johnny Quinn
- Pre-game ceremony honoring Flower Mound High School's 2014 Class 5A State Baseball Champions
- National Anthem performed by country singer Charla Corn
Thursday, July 10 vs. Los Angeles Angels - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- KIA Choo Crew (all fans in a designated outfield section get a Choo Crew T-Shirt, Cheer Card, and KIA coupons)
- National Anthem performed by Men of Nehemiah
Friday, July 11 vs. Los Angeles Angels - 7:05 p.m. - TXA 21-HD
- Post-game Fireworks Show set to music of movie soundtracks
- Korean American Heritage Night to include performances by Jiae Park and Team of the Korean Drum Dance (CF concourse pre-game); Hansol Dallas, 40-member team directed by Sungshin Park of traditional Korean percussion music "Samulnori" (outside 1st base gate pre-game) and Texas Taekwondo United (on-field post-game)
- Ceremonial first pitch by Sam Moon
- Baylor Night with pre-game recognition of Baylor's 2014 Softball Team that advanced to the Women's College World Series and ceremonial first pitch by INF Jordan Strickland, a member of WCWS All-Tournament Team
- Majestic All-Star Sendoff for 2014 Rangers All-Stars
- National Anthem performed by Christian artist Sandi Patty
Saturday, June 12 vs. Los Angeles Angels - 6:15 p.m. - FOX-HD Gates open at 4:00 p.m.
- Nitto Tire USA, Inc. Eric Nadel Bobblehead to first 15,000 fans, 14 and older
- Pre-game ceremony honoring Eric Nadel, 2014 Ford C. Frick Award winner (begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- National Anthem and God Bless America performed by Joel Lagrone
Sunday, June 13 vs. Los Angeles Angels - 2:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD Gates open at 12 noon
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- RBI and USSSA pre-game parades
- Oklahoma State Day with ceremonial first pitch by former OSU and current Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey
- National Anthem performed by Pathfinders Quartet
- God Bless America performed by MSgt. Erika Stevens
- Chevy Kids Take the Field pre-game
- Run the Bases post-game
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.