Braves Press Release
Atlanta Braves Homestand Highlights Friday, September 13 - Sunday, September 15
Atlanta Braves Postseason tickets on sale now! www.braves.com/postseason
San Diego Padres vs. Atlanta Braves (September 13 - September 15)
Friday, September 13 at 7:35 p.m. vs. San Diego Padres
- Braves Wives Auction: The Atlanta Braves Wives will auction gift baskets containing the favorite things of Atlanta Braves players including on Friday, Sept. 13th from the time gates open until the end of the 5th inning. Players include: Justin Upton, Tim Hudson, Craig Kimbrel, Dan Uggla, Mike Minor, Chris Johnson, Freddie Freeman, Jason Heyward, Jordan Schafer, Paul Janish, Paul Maholm and Evan Gattis. Baskets include the player's favorite items such as signed memorabilia, restaurant gift certificates, movies, snacks, books and magazines and much more. All proceeds will benefit the Anti-Defamation League's "No Place for Hate" initiative that empowers schools and communities to tackle prejudice, bullying and intergroup conflict. The auction will take place in Fan Plaza near the Community Clubhouse.
- Public Safety Night: The Atlanta Braves will pay tribute and say "Thank You" to the public safety employees who keep Braves Country safe every day.
- Braves Strike Out Hunger Fridays Presented by Kroger: The Braves will host a food drive prior to every Friday home game during the 2013 season to benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Fans can donate 20 cans of food or $20 at the Strike Out Hunger Tent and receive an autograph from a Braves pitcher. Limit of one signature per donation. On Friday, September 13, fans will have the opportunity to get an autograph from Braves pitcher Anthony Varvaro in Monument Grove from 6:35 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. For a list of items needed and future food drive collection dates, visit braves.com/hunger
- Friday Night Rising Stars Series: The Atlanta Braves Friday Night Rising Stars Series provides an opportunity for up-and-coming bands ready to rock and entertain thousands of fans at Turner Field, a stage to perform prior to select home games as well as postgame during the 2013 season. On September 13, the Braves welcome The Lone Bellow, to Fan Plaza as well as a special post-game performance before fireworks on the field.
- Sport Clips' "Chop": Every Friday home game during the 2013 season, Sport Clips Haircuts is cutting hair for charity. Sport Clips stylist will give haircuts to fans at Top of the Chop for a $5 minimum donation to the Atlanta Braves Foundation. Enjoy a Braves game view from the Top of the Chop and a Sport Clips haircut while making a difference in our community. Sport Clips.
- Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Georgia Lottery: Enjoy the Braves game and a spectacular fireworks show set to music following every Braves Friday home game.
- At The Ballpark App Check-In Offers: iPhone and Android users can connect with the Braves for free by downloading the At The Ballpark app! Fans that check-in at the game they attend using the app will have the opportunity to unlock some great prizes. One winner will unlock fireworks on the field for themselves and three guests.
Saturday, September 14 at 7:10 p.m. vs. San Diego Padres
- Seventh Annual Atlanta Braves Breast Cancer Awareness Day: The Atlanta Braves, WellStar Health System, Kroger and the American Cancer Society's Making Strides have teamed up to honor those who have courageously battled breast cancer. Survivors receive a free lower level ticket, commemorative Atlanta Braves Breast Cancer Awareness t-shirt, access to a pregame reception with family and friends, and participate in "Walk in the Park," an on-field ceremony for survivors. For more information, visit braves.com/bcawareness.
- At The Ballpark App Check-In Offers: iPhone and Android users can connect with the Braves for free by downloading the At The Ballpark app! Fans that check-in at the game they attend using the app will have the opportunity to unlock some great prizes. One winner will unlock a game-used baseball. Additionally, every 25th fan to check in will receive a FREE copy of the Official 2013 Braves Souvenir Program.
Sunday, September 15 at 1:35 p.m. vs. San Diego Padres
- Bark in the Park: Turner Field transforms into a "puppy paradise" for the second Bark In the Park event during the 2013 season. The action-packed day will feature cool doggie pools, veterinary services, pet-friendly treats and plenty of watering holes for man's best friend to stay hydrated. Representatives from Atlanta's first doggie day care, WAG-A-LOT, will be onsite to help ensure all animals enjoy their time at Turner Field. Each canine ticket at Bark in the Park will receive a free Braves collar!
- Pay it Forward Day: The Atlanta Braves join Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) in recognizing National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month during "Pay it Forward" Night at Turner Field. Joining the fight against childhood cancer, the Braves are offering discounted tickets to the September 15 matchup vs. the San Diego Padres at 1:35 p.m. For each "Pay it Forward" ticket sold, $5 will be donated to CHOA to support their fight for a cure. A special pregame in-field presentation will take place as well. Visit www.braves.com/payitforward for more information.
- Alumni Sunday: Braves alumni Phil Niekro, Gene Garber, Bruce Benedict and Darrel Chaney will greet fans and sign autographs pregame in Fan Plaza.
- Hometown Hero: During the 6th Inning the Braves will pay tribute to a local "Hometown Hero" from the United States Military.
- Georgia Public Library Service - Library Card Registration: Visit the Georgia Public Library tent in Monument Grove to sign up for a PINES library card that is valid at Georgia Public Library branches. PINES is a statewide card that provides equal access to a shared collection of 9.6 million books and other materials. For more information on the Georgia Public Library Service, visit georgialibraries.org.
- At The Ballpark App Check-In Offers: iPhone and Android users can connect with the Braves for free by downloading the At The Ballpark app! Fans that check-in at the game they attend using the app will have the opportunity to unlock some great prizes. Every 50th person to check-in will unlock access to the 755 Club for themselves and 3 guests.
Coming up in the final Homestand:
- Fan Appreciation Week: As the regular season draws to a close, the Atlanta Braves will honor fans for their tremendous support throughout the 2013 season.
- All fans will receive a FREE 2014 Braves ticket when they attend the Braves vs. Milwaukee series, September 23-25, for Fan Appreciation Week. Visit www.braves.com/fans for more information.
- Mystery Gate Giveaway: On September 26, the Braves will surprise fans with a special "Mystery Gate Giveaway!"
- Live music, post-game fireworks, alumni signing and much more!
- Scotty McCreery Free Post-game Concert: Wrapping up a six-city MLB ballpark tour, fans will have the opportunity to hear Scotty's new music first at Turner Field on September 27. Additionally, Scotty will personally donate $4,000 to the Braves RBI program during a special on-field presentation. He will also be on-hand to lead the fans in the Chop Rally prior to the game and sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh inning stretch. After winning Season Ten of American Idol, Scotty quickly established himself as one of the hottest new stars in country music. His debut album was the best-selling solo album released by a country artist in 2011. Scotty became the youngest man in history to have his first album debut atop the all-genre Billboard Top 200 albums chart.
Fans can purchase tickets by visiting braves.com/tickets, the Braves Ticket Office at Turner Field, the Braves Clubhouse Store at the CNN Center, all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling 1-800-745-3000.