Braves Press Release
Helpful hints for fans attending the Braves home opener tonight
Braves vs. Phillies -- 7:10 p.m. ET
• With large crowds expected, fans heading out to Turner Field for the Home Opener are encouraged to arrive early. Parking lots will open at 2:00 p.m. and the Turner Field gates will open at 2 1/2 hours before first pitch.
• Fans must pre-purchase parking as Braves parking lots will be PERMIT ONLY.
• If fans have not pre-purchased their parking, the Braves are encouraging everyone to take alternate transportation to Turner Field. The MARTA Braves shuttle begins its run 90 minutes prior to first pitch from the Underground Atlanta/Five Points MARTA station to Turner Field until one hour after the final out. For those fans who may want to arrive at the ballpark before the MARTA Braves shuttle begins its game operation MARTA recommends catching any one of three other available bus routes - the #32, the # 49 or the # 55. All three bus lines may be caught at the Five Points MARTA station and all three routes stop at points adjacent (i.e. Hank Aaron Drive, Pollard Blvd) to Turner Field. For more information on these routes please visit www.itsmarta.com.
• Braves ticket windows will open at 9:30 a.m. today for fans who would like to purchase standing room only tickets ($21.00) or pick up pre-purchased tickets in advance and will remain open until the end of the 6th inning.
• Fans are encouraged to be seated by 6:20 p.m. for the special pregame ceremonies that will welcome the 2013 season and their Atlanta Braves.
• Fans visiting Turner Field this season can connect with their Atlanta Braves using the new and FREE At The Ballpark app, available for iPhone and Android users. Visit www.braves.com/ballpark to download today! In celebration of Opening Week, At The Ballpark users can take advantage of these special offers:
• On Opening Day, every 30th person who checks in using the At The Ballpark App will receive a Dale Murphy replica jersey.
• After Opening Day and throughout the rest of the Homestand, the first 500 fans who check-in each day will get a foam tomahawk.
• On Friday, April 5, one lucky person who checks in using the At The Ballpark app will be selected to watch the Braves postgame fireworks from the field.
Monday, April 1 at 7:10 p.m. vs. Philadelphia Phillies
• Opening Day Celebration -- Fans are encouraged to arrive early!
• Pregame concert: Country music star Rodney Atkins will perform for fans pregame in Fan Plaza at 5:20 p.m. He will also perform the National Anthem prior to tonight's matchup. Atkins has been nominated for six ACMs and two CMAs (winning Top New Male Vocalist once). He has had six number one hits, including his latest, "Take a Back Road," which was released in 2011.
• Special pregame ceremony to introduce 2013 Atlanta Braves, including a special performance by the Georgia Southern University Southern Pride Marching Band.
• A flyover across Turner Field by four T6s of the historic Dixie Wing of the Commemorative Air Force.
• Former third baseman Chipper Jones will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and Dale Murphy will be the game's Honorary Team Captain.
• Atlanta Opera singer and Turner Field favorite, Timothy Miller will perform God Bless America, followed by the reigning 2013 Miss America, Mallory Hagan, who will lead the fans in singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch.
• Foam Tomahawk Giveaway -- The first 45,000 fans through Turner Field's gates will take home a Braves foam tomahawk.