Indians Press Release
Indians announce promotions, hires within Pro, Amateur and International scouting staffs
The Cleveland Indians today announced the following personnel moves within the club's scouting staffs.
- Named Steve Lubratich as Director of Pro Scouting
- Promoted Victor Wang to Assistant Director of Pro Scouting
- Named Dave Miller as Pro Scout
- Promoted Trey Hendricks to Pro Scout
- Named Michael Calitri as Pro Scout
- Named Bryan Corey as Pro Scout
- Promoted Scott Barnsby to National Crosschecker
- Named Bo Hughes as National Crosschecker
- Promoted Paul Cogan to Scouting Advisor/Crosschecker
- Promoted Jason Smith to West Coast Crosschecker
- Named Carlos Muniz as Area Scout in Central California
- Named John Heuerman as Area Scout in AZ, CO, NV, NM, UT, Las Vegas, NV, El Paso, TX
- Promoted Jason Lynn to Assistant Director, International Scouting
- Promoted Antonio Caballero to Venezuelan Scouting Supervisor
- Promoted Allen Lin to Pacific Rim Scouting Supervisor
- Named Clinton Matsuzawa as Area Scout in Japan
- Named Luis Camacho as Area Scout in Venezuela
- Named Rafael Cariel as Area Scout in Venezuela
- Named Arnold Elles as Area Scout in Colombia
- Named Daniel Kim as Area Scout in South Korea
Lubratich is entering his 37th year in professional baseball and his 12th consecutive campaign with the Indians after serving as the club's Director of Player Personnel from 2002-12. Wang, a Baseball Operations Assistant for the Tribe in 2012, begins his fifth season with Cleveland and has fulfilled a variety of responsibilities within scouting and baseball analytics since joining the club in 2009. Miller starts his 21st season with the Indians after serving on the Major League staff as Bullpen Coach in 2012 and has also held positions as Minor League Pitching Coach (1993-95, 1996-99), Area Scout (2000-01) and Pitching Coordinator (2002-11) since his first year with the organization in 1993. Hendricks joined the Indians in 2012 with responsibilities in the Advance Scouting Department after spending the 2011 campaign with the Washington Nationals. Calitri begins his first season with Cleveland after spending four years with the Tampa Bay Rays (2009-12) as an Advance Scouting Coordinator. After recently completing a 20-year playing career as a right-handed pitcher that included a World Series title with Boston in 2007, Corey begins his first season with Cleveland.
Barnsby enters his 12th campaign with the Indians after serving as an Area Scout from 2002-06 and most recently as a Crosschecker in the Southeast/lower Midwest from 2007-12.
Hughes begins his 19th season in scouting and first with Cleveland after lengthy stints with both the Colorado Rockies (1995-2003) and Los Angeles Angels (2004-12). Cogan is entering his 19th campaign with the Indians after a brief stint with Montreal (1994) and previously served as an Area Scout from 1995-2002 and as West Coach Crosschecker from 2003-12. Smith's promotion comes after he spent the previous 12 seasons (2001-12) with the Indians as an Area Scouting Supervisor in Central and Southern California. Muniz begins his scouting career with Cleveland after recently concluding an eight-year playing career as a right-handed pitcher in the New York Mets organization (2003-11). Heuerman joins the Indians after four years with the New York Mets as an Associate Scout (2009) and Area Scouting Supervisor (2010-12), a stint that followed two seasons as an Assistant Coach at the University of California-Davis (2007-08).
Lynn enters his sixth season with the Indians after spending the 2011-12 campaigns as Scouting Operations Assistant and his first three years with the club assuming various responsibilities within Player Development & Scouting from 2008-10. Caballero, who previously worked in the Detroit organization, enters his third year with Cleveland after spending the last two seasons as an Area Scout in Venezuela. Lin begins his second season with Cleveland after serving as a Pacific Rim Scout for the club in 2012. Matsuzawa enters his first season as a full-time scout with the Tribe after spending the previous three campaigns as an Associate Scout for Cleveland. Camacho begins his first season with the Indians after previously pitching in the Milwaukee organization. Cariel joins the Tribe after more than two decades of scouting experience with the Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Rays. Elles comes to Cleveland after spending eight seasons with the Houston Astros and three with the Philadelphia Phillies. Kim begins his first season with Cleveland after previous stints working for the Cincinnati Reds and New York Mets.