Rangers Press Release
Rangers host Twins in brief three-game weekend homestand before All-Star break
Limited ticket availability Friday; Seats still available for Saturday and Sunday
The Texas Rangers begin a three-game weekend homestand against the Minnesota Twins tomorrow night at Rangers Ballpark. The three games mark the end of the Rangers' first "half" schedule, as the club will not play in Arlington again until the beginning of a homestand on July 23.
The game times for this weekend's series against Minnesota are 7:05 p.m. on Friday, 6:15 p.m. on Saturday, and 6:05 p.m. on Sunday. Ticket availability for this series:
Friday: Scattered singles and obstructed view tickets only. Standing room expected to go on sale tomorrow.
Saturday: Approximately 1,500 reserved seats.
Sunday: Approximately 7,000 reserved seats.
Each game for the weekend series features a promotion, with Verizon Wireless Fireworks Friday tomorrow, Coca-Cola 40th Anniversary Mug Night on Saturday, and Ice Cream Bowl giveaway on Sunday. The theme for Friday's fireworks show is 1990's music, a nod to both teams wearing 1994 uniforms in Saturday's contest to celebrate the Rangers' 40th anniversary. Saturday's Coca-Cola Mug giveaway is for the first 30,000 fans and Sunday's Ice Cream Bowl promotion is for the first 10,000 fans ages 13 and under.
The Rockwall Heath High School baseball team will be honored in a pregame ceremony on Friday for winning the 2012 Texas 4A State Championship. Saturday's pregame includes the Majestic All-Star Sendoff for the Rangers' club-record number of players selected to participate in Tuesday's All-Star Game in Kansas City.
The visit by the Twins makes the Red Sox the only American League club that has yet to visit Arlington this season.
Game-by-game highlights of the weekend homestand:
Friday, July 6, 2012 - vs. Minnesota - 7:05 p.m. - TXA21-HD
- Verizon Wireless Fireworks Friday with $10 cash parking. Postgame fireworks will feature 90's music.
- Pregame presentation for Rockwall Heath 4A State Championship baseball team.
- Game ball delivery by former outfielder David Hulse.
Saturday, July 7, 2012 - vs. Minnesota - 6:15 p.m. - FOX-HD
- Coca-Cola 40th Anniversary Mug Night for first 30,000 fans.
- Both teams will wear uniforms from 1994 to celebrate Rangers' 40th anniversary.
- Majestic All-Star sendoff for Rangers All-Stars.
- Game ball delivery by former outfielder and Waco native Kevin Belcher.
Sunday, July 8, 2012 - vs. Minnesota - 6:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Ice Cream Bowl for first 10,000 fans ages 13 and under.
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (13 and under).
Game ball delivery by former outfielder Jim Norris.